The Young Men's Christian Association (Y.M.C.A.) of Greater Houston was formed in 1886 and built its first building in downtown Houston in 1908, located at the corner of Fannin and McKinney Streets, with the street address of 918 Fannin Street. The "Y" remained in that building until 1941, when a new, larger building was erected several blocks southwest of its original location, at 1600 Louisiana Street. In 2010, the "Y" moved once more to the Tellepsen Family Downtown YMCA, a state-of-the-art facility located at 808 Pease Street.
South Texas College of Law was formed as part of the Educational Department of the Y.M.C.A. of Greater Houston in 1923 (then called South Texas School of Law), and remained affiliated with the "Y" for over forty years until it broke off and became its own Texas non-profit corporation in 1967. The law school thus had as its first two buildings the "Y" buildings at 918 Fannin Street and later at 1600 Louisiana Street in downtown Houston.
These postcards were collected and added to the College archives in the Special Collections Department to provide additional images of the law school's first two buildings, especially the Y.M.C.A. Building at 918 Fannin Street, which no longer exists.